During the fourth CTO Roundtable, we will discuss the role of motivation in digital products teams working remotely. This time, our host, Gerbert Oude Velthuis (CTO of Travelia, General Manager for NL at The Software House), will be joined by three guest speakers:
- Jago Philippens – Head of Engineering at TicketSwap
- Matthew Knapp – Director Of Product Development at College H.U.N.K.S.
- Ilkka Auer – Transformative Digital Leader, Chief Digital Officer at Smartum
Together, they will discuss the ways of motivating remote development teams. Why is it important and how to boost motivation in order to achieve better results?
The key topics include:
- what are the most efficient methods of motivating software development teams in the new, remote reality?
- how to avoid so-called “Zoom tiredness”?
- how to distinguish between people that like autonomy and ones who like to be more instructed?
- how to avoid micromanagement and still be sure that things will be delivered the way you want?
- what is the role of leadership and mastery in team motivation?
About the event series
The CTO Roundtable Series are free events dedicated to C-level professionals and tech managers. They are hosted every month by Gerbert Oude Velthuis, CTO of Travelia and General Manager for TSH NL, who is joined by top European CTOs. These online meetings are designed to share ideas on current topics where anyone can come, ask a question and join the discussion with other tech specialists.